School Is Back in Session!!
Whether you're going back in person or schooling from home, SERVPRO of Beverly/ Cape Ann knows the importance of safety. But September is not only the month everyone goes back to class, as it is also National Preparedness Month!
Different types of disasters and emergencies happen in communities across the country, but there are key steps that every household can take to be better prepared for them. Kids learn what to do at school so why not have some sort of a plan at home? Discuss how to prepare and respond to emergencies that can help at home, work, and school.
Some tips can include:
- Make a clear plan of what to do in an emergency, and in case of evacuation.
- Identify clear key roles for everyone in your house.
- Have a list of all the important things you may forget when an emergency occurs.
- Have a disaster kit assembled for everyone in your household.
- Have an out of the area emergency contact person saved on a smartphone.
- Sign up for emergency alerts.
Practice evacuating your home twice a year, especially if you have kids, infants, people with disabilities and seniors. This makes it a routine and can make a real emergency situation less stressful.
SERVPRO of Beverly/ Cape Ann is here for you