Back To Routine
School is officially back in session! The summer may have come to an end, but thankfully the nice weather is hanging on for us! Be sure to take advantage of the warm temperatures while they last!
September is not only the month everyone goes back to school but it is also National Preparness Month.
Different types of disasters and emergencies happen in communities across the country, but there are key steps that every household can take to be better prepared for them. Kids learn what to do at school so why not have some sort of plan at home? Discuss how to prepare and respond to emergencies that can happen at home, work, and school.
Some tips include;
- Make a clear plan of what to do in an emergency and in case of an evacuation.
- Identify clear roles for everyone in the house.
- Make a list of all the important things you may forget when in an emergency.
- Have a disaster kit assembled for everyone in the house.
- Have an out of the area emergency contact person saved on a smartphone.
- Sign up for emergency alerts
Practice evacuating your home twice a year, especially if you have kids, infants, people with disabilities and seniors that may all need special considerations while planning for an emergency. This makes it a routine and can make a real emergency situation less stressful.
We wish all of you the best of luck this school year, both in sports and academically.