When Disaster Strikes
SERVPRO of Beverly/ Cape Ann is getting ready for winter months ahead, so we put together some information that would be helpful. Make a plan today, your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area. Know how you'll contact one and another and reconnect if separated. Establish a family meeting place that's familiar and easy to find.
- Put a plan together by discussing the questions below with your family and friends to start your emergency plan.
- How will I receive Emergency Alerts and Warnings?
- What is my shelter plan?
- What is my Evacuation route?
- What is my Family communication plan?
- Do I to update my Emergency preparedness kit?
- Check with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and update my Emergency plans due to Coronavirus.
- As you prepare your plan tailor your plans and supplies to your specific daily living needs and responsibilities. Discuss your needs and responsibilities and how a network can assist each other with communication, care of children, pets or specific needs like operating medical equipment. Create your own personal network for specific areas where you need assistance. Keep in mind some of these factors when developing your plan.
- Different ages of members within your household.
- Responsibilities for assisting others.
- Locations frequented.
- Dietary needs.
- Medical needs including prescriptions and equipment.
- Languages spoken.
- Pets or service animals.
- Household with school aged children.
Make sure to practice with your family